Excellerations Wood Pattern Blocks - 250 Pieces
Explore and analyze geometric shapes, dimensions, and spatial relationships with these brightly colored wooden blocks.
- SET INCLUDES: 250 pieces. 6 shapes in 6 colors.
- SIZE: Smallest piece is 1 inch W.
- QUALITY: 3/8 inch thick durable wooden pieces are designed to be long-lasting.
- DESIGN: Classic pattern block shapes perfectly fit together on sides of shapes. Designed for young children to explore and analyze geometric shapes, dimensions and spatial relationships. Colors are bright and match traditional pattern blocks.
- EDUCATIONAL: Supports early math and STEM skills such as counting, patterning and shape recognition.
PreK-K Core Standards
- K.G.B.6. Compose simple shapes to form larger shapes. For example, "Can you join these two triangles with full sides touching to make a rectangle?"
- MAT (P) With support, begin to recognize how two shapes can be joined to create another shape.
K-3 Core Standards
- K.G.A.2 Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- K.MD.A.2 Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which object has "more of"/"less of" the attribute, and describe the difference. For example, directly compare the heights of two children and describe one child as taller/shorter.
- 1.G.A.2 Compose two-dimensional shapes (rectangles, squares, trapezoids, triangles, half-circles, and quarter-circles) or three-dimensional shapes (cubes, right rectangular prisms, right circular cones, and right circular cylinders) to create a composite shape, and compose new shapes from the composite shape.
- K.G.A.3 Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, "flat") or three-dimensional ("solid").
- 1.G.A.1 Distinguish between defining attributes (e.g., triangles are closed and three-sided) versus non-defining attributes (e.g., color, orientation, overall size); build and draw shapes to possess defining attributes.
- 2.G.A.1 Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.1 Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
Discount School Supply School Supplies Arts Crafts
Review This Product